Thursday, March 7, 2013

Thirsty Thursday!

Looking for some good beverages, but without the calories, sugar and maybe a little protein? Looking for something to boost your metabolism. Couple things here that can do these.

The first one, low cal, low sugar, and added protein.
I have found a peanut butter banana smoothie recipe that I love! It doesn't have much sugar and it's a good day starter!
The recipe I use makes two servings.
Ingredients:

  • 2 frozen bananas sliced into small chunks I never freeze them, but this might make it a little runnier.
  • 1/4 cup oats and grains - sometimes I opt to skip these and add some flax seed. Oats will help to keep you fuller for longer
  • 1/4 cup unsalted peanut butter
  • 2 cups milk- I have even used soy or almond milk
  • 1 tsp of organic Stevia, I use splenda because I normally don't have Stevia on hand.
  • (optional) 1/4 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (plain flavor works too if you want the added nutrients but not the vanilla flavor) I always include this in my smoothie. Adds a little extra protein.
  • (optional) 4 tablespoons cocoa powder- makes it a chocolate smoothie
This is tried, true and delicious!

Another really good thing you could incorporate to your diet is green tea. It has a lot of good things in it for you body. Here are some of them:

I hope everyone's having a good week and has some good active plans for the weekend! I know I do, it's supposed to be beautiful this weekend!


Sources: http://www.herbslist.net/green-tea-benefits.html
http://www.bestsmoothierecipes.org/healthy-peanut-butter-banana-smoothie-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment